Church BookingsSt Olave's Church, Marygate, York YO30 7BJ
The go-to venue for many concerts, rehearsals, presentations and other occasions, St Olave’s Church is accessible for wheelchair users, has an accessible toilet, cycle racks and facilities for refreshments.
for 2023 St Olave’s Church, Marygate, York YO30 7BJ
The go-to venue for many concerts, rehearsals, presentations and other occasions, St Olave’s Church is accessible for wheelchair users with a stone ramp up to the main entrance, has an accessible toilet, cycle racks and facilities for refreshments. There is a portable ramp for wheelchair access to the east end of the church. You can find directions to the church on our How to find us page.
Terms for 2023
- There is an hourly charge of £25 for the hire of the Church.
- The hourly charge includes the use of our kitchen facilities in the St Giles room. All users of the kitchen must ensure that it is left in a clean and tidy condition, and that they supply any refreshments that are used.
- Should heating of the church be required the charge for this will be charged by day in addition to those charges listed in (1) and (2) above. This is because it takes a day to heat the church for a booking, no matter how short the booking is. The cost of heating the church building will be reviewed early in 2023 and the daily heating charges will be published on the church website as soon as possible.
- All charges must be paid within 14 days of your booking.
- Please note that bookings must be made for both your main event and any times when you may wish to rehearse in the church.
- Please send a copy of the proposed programme for your event. Our Director of Music retains the right to ask you to change your programme should it affect other planned programmes.
- Please note that the church is a place of worship and a heritage property and must be treated respectfully. Members of the public should not be restricted access to the church during rehearsals. We wish to keep the church open and welcoming to all.
Sadly we have to review our hire charges due to the crippling cost of gas and electricity, so the charges below will increase from 1st January 2023.
Use of the churchNew for 2023: % charge of ticket sales removed
- The additional percentage charge of any ticket sales for public events held in the church no longer applies.
Kitchen FacilitiesNew for 2023: included in all church bookings
- In the St Giles Room at the back of church
- Includes use of the kitchen, water boiler and dishwasher.
HeatingNew for 2023: optional extra charged by the day
- October to April
- It takes a day to heat the church for a booking, no matter how short the booking is. The daily cost of heating the church will be reviewed early in 2023.
Further information and bookings
Thank you for your interest in holding an event at St Olave’s Church. Please fill out as many details as possible in the linked form, then click submit on the bottom of the form. Someone will be in touch soon. If you have a more complex requirement or a longer term booking please email
Kitchen Facilities in the St Giles Room
Accessible Toilet at the back of church
Cycle Racks and Outside Toilet